Thursday, September 3, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

The first day of school was very exciting for both Jacob and Jeffery, for Jacob it is the start of a new year, a clean slate a chance to redeem all the grief he put us through last year. For Jeffery this is the start of his school career, kindergarten I don't think he could have been any more excited then he already was so much so that he had us make him up some homework the day before so that he knew he would be ready for school the next day. I can't believe how fast time has gone by with them, I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital begging for drugs as I pushed Jacob out, or even the exact moment I learned I was pregnant with Jeffery. I know that time has to go on but why does it have to go by so fast? I remember holding Jacob the moment he was born and thinking uh oh we're in trouble as he kicked his legs out against my chest as though he was trying to get away from me already, almost as if in that very moment he was announcing the very independence that to this day is still one of his defining characteristics. Or even harder so to let Jeffery go since for the first year of his life he would refuse to go to anyone else other than me or my parents and if anyone tried to hug me or take too much of my attention away from him he would grab my face or my hand and as loudly as possible yell "my momma, not your momma my momma". Yes, thank God for these memories since it seems like it really was just yesterday, they help dull the pain that my babies are growing up and spreading their wings and pretty soon they'll be all grown up and have families of their own, I just hope that they continue to be the bright, wonderful shinning stars that I know they are.


Jeffery with his new teacher Mrs. Shiroda

Jacob on this first day of 4th grade





Jacob blowing out his candles from the cake my aunt made him for his birthday party



Jacob and Jeffery at Jacob's 9th birthday party


No comments:

Post a Comment